Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Importance of Family

The eight hour overnight bus to Mexico City and the flight that was delayed several hours did nothing to hinder my excitement to visit with my sister and her husband. I am so thankful to have been able to spend several days with the two of them at Playa del Carmen, just south of Cancun, talking and discussing a variety of topics.

We can not choose our family, and for all of the talents, idiosyncrasies, joys and sorrows of my family, I could not choose or ask for a more supportive family. I love that we can find the humor in our foibles and applaud our gifts. I appreciate the security in the knowledge that I am surrounded in love no matter how far or near I am. I value the unconditional support. And for that, I am grateful.

My brother-in-law is a great photographer, but my sister and I fail to be photogenic. We're happy though!

The Caribbean is beautiful, especially in January.


No comments:

Post a Comment