Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Benjamin Franklin Library

I found an English language library today during the lunch hour (or two). The library which is part of the US Embassy was established in 1942 to promote friendship and understanding between Mexico and the United States, if only it were that easy.

There is a limited fiction section, though plenty of books I haven’t read; a large reference section; and I was most excited about the periodicals. I can read the latest edition of The New Yorker, The Economist, The New York Times, and even MAD magazine. I look forward to some jaunts on the pink metro line to do some reading in the air conditioning.

Now, if I could only get all of the documents needed to get a library card so that I could actually take out a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment