Monday, April 12, 2010

Third Time is the Charm


Since late November I have not lived in one place for more than two weeks at a time, alternating much of my time between Olinalá in Guerrero and Mexico City. Four months later, I am finally going to settle into an apartment in Mexico City in the Portales Norte neighborhood for the last four months of my time with MCC Mexico.

This will be third apartment in less than six months, not including the MCC Guesthouse where I have spent many a night, and hopefully the last. Unlike the other two apartments where I moved into upon the departure of other MCCers, I, along with the help of others, am setting up this apartment new. This is very exciting, but a process that takes time.

So, here are some pictures of my new place after one weekend of fast and furious work with the grand help of Natalie, a SALT participant here in Mexico who graciously helped during her Spring break. Last night was the first night in my new home, a second floor apartment. You will have to use your imagination and wait for more pictures in a few weeks of the completely furnished apartment.


Kitchen - The first of three entrances into the railroad apartment.

Kitchen - Natalie and I are pretty proud of the spice rack and storage shelf above the stove and sink. We bought them in the Coyoacan market.

Kitchen - small but functional

Dinning room - I really like my drink station in the corner with my prized coffee pot and water jug.

Dinning room

Living room - Notice the plants on the plant stand that Natalie gave me as a house warming gift. You also see the second entrance.

Guest bedroom - Two steps down from the living room is the guest bedroom, where I am currently sleeping for lack of another bed.

Master bedroom - The next room is the master bedroom that is empty awaiting a bed. Notice that one has to walk through all the rooms to reach the only bathroom. Lots of privacy to be had! There is another door to the outside on the left.

Master bedroom - There is plenty of storage which is a definite positive.

Bathroom

Laundry room - The laundry room is accessed through the master bedroom. The water heater is also in the left corner.

Office - Through the laundry room, I have a small office.

Office - There is room for a desk and bookshelf.

Did you notice anything missing in all the pictures? A chair, or anything to sit on, is the correct answer. I did not remove all the chairs to improve the picture composition; rather, I currently have no seating except for the guest bed. Sitting on the balcony stairs is my favorite alternative. The balcony and windows line the entire apartment and provides good lighting and outside access.


No comments:

Post a Comment