Saturday, April 17, 2010

Process Work

About 200 of us from all over Mexico and a few from the US listened to the husband and wife team, Amy and Arnie Mindell of Portland, Oregon, describe the need for leaders who are able to reach their Process Mind so that conflict is understood and worked through in a healthy manner. Within the first 15 minutes (and this included English/Spanish translation) of this two day conference, of which I only attended Day 1, I knew that it would be difficult if not impossible for me to keep a straight face through this workshop.

As Amy was guiding Arnie through his energy X (pain or uncomfortable feelings) and energy u (a comfortable state) dance to reach an altered state where he might be enlightened, I looked around for anyone else in the room who might laugh with me. I kept thinking, “Really? Am I really going to sit through two days of this?” I was in complete awe that people were taking this seriously. I am sure that this says something about my inability to express myself in some way, but I truly am at peace with what that says about me.

When it was our turn to do the exercise – this dance of energies where we can find our Process Mind in an altered state – you will be happy to know that I didn’t burst out laughing. I merely smiled, chuckling internally, as I made my movements of my different energies which were to become a dance. And probably due to lack of belief, I failed to reach an altered state. I did however, reach enlightenment. Those charlatans might take the conference fees, but they wouldn’t take my time. I’m not going to return tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment