Friday, April 9, 2010

In training

I have about a month and a half to learn the responsibilities of the country representative before I assume the role for MCC Mexico from mid May to mid August. For three months, while the couple currently in that role returns to South Africa to have their second child, I will be interim Country Representative for MCC Mexico. I am not sure what all this new position entails, but I know that MCC has wonderful workers in Mexico who will laugh and guide me through this leadership position.

I look forward to this transition, though I will miss the daily interaction with community members in Olinala and Zacango. I recognize that my new role will be more administrative which will bring its own adventures, but the days of rural living are over for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment